Frequently Asked Questions
A: We accept personal checks in addition to several financing options offered through John Deere Credit.
A:Yes. All employee and subcontractors do keep these valuable certificates up to date in our office every six months.
A: Sarros Landscaping is a proud member of the Better Business Bureau of Atlanta with an “A+” Rating..
A: Here are the top three things you should do/know/ask when hiring a landscape contractor…
- Obtain a copy of their Worker’s Compensation, General Liability and Automotive Insurance. By law, this information MUST be faxed, mailed or e-mailed directly from their insurance company. Do not allow the contractor to simply hand you a copy as it could be expired.
- Check references for other projects in the area and take the time to drive by them.
- Ask your contractor for a lien waiver upon completion of the project. This protects you in the event the contractor fails to pay their material supplier or subcontractors.
A: In December of 2004, Sarros Landscaping was given the reward for “Contractor of the Month” through ServiceMagic.com, the nation’s leading service provider for matching homeowners with certified, professional contractors. Additionally, Sarros Landscaping has earned a 5-star service rating (the highest award) further earning them the award for “Best in Business” for calendar year 2004.
A: Sarros Landscaping has been featured in the following publications, programs and venues:
- In the May, 2006 issues of REDBOOK, WOMEN’S DAY and GOOD HOUSEKEEPING magazines, our work was featured in the Dream Home Atlanta series where Sarros Landscaping was selected as the ONLY landscaper to represent the Dream Home Atlanta section.
- Custom Cobblestone Driveway featured in an issue of Architectural Digest magazine. This was truly a one-of-a-kind project!
- Filmed by HGTV for being the first company in the United States to install Belgard’s Mega-Arbel Concrete Paver Product
A: To schedule a consultation, please fill out our DESIGN REQUEST form and follow the instructions you receive in the reply email. One of our professionals will then contact you within 24 hours.
A: Most every appointment will require you to be available. Without your thoughts and feedback, we cannot make the time at your property interactive and that can take away from our understanding of the project. There are exceptions to this rule and in some instances, we may be able to have a brief phone meeting while we are at your project site. Please provide us with advance notice in these circumstances.
A: Estimates are provided Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. In some circumstance we may be available to provide early morning, evening and/or Saturday appointments if necessary
A: Your consultation will either be with Phil Sarros, Company President, or with one our very talented, professional designers.
A: Please plan on spending anywhere from twenty minutes to one hour with us. We will want to take the necessary time to understand your project, needs, and budget. Once we have all the right information we will be able to deliver a complete project design and an accurate proposal that accomplishes your goals and fits within your budget. If you feel you will need more than one hour for our meeting, please provide advance notice so we can allocate additional time for our appointment.
A: This is an excellent question! We put a lot of time and energy into providing every potential client with a detailed proposal for their project. However, we need you, the client, to help us understand how we can best serve you. You can do this by thinking about the following things prior to our meeting…
- What do you want to have done and/or what do want to accomplish? It is very helpful if you have seen something you like that you be able to describe it.
- What is your budget for the project? Knowing what you may want to spend will help us align the best products and services to your goals while providing the most value for your money.
- Cut out and photos from magazines or the internet that show designs, plants and colors that interest you.
- Tell us what you definitely don’t like or want so we know to avoid using these elements in your design.
A: At the end of your appointment, we may be able to offer some verbal, “ballpark” pricing ideas, however much of the final project pricing will be completed at our office. Please allow up to one week to complete your design and related proposal. Most designs will include a follow up presentation where the design is explained in detail and adjusted per your feedback. Pricing proposals are delivered via email as a PDF document attachment.
A: Yes. In Georgia, heavy clay soils, a vast amount of new construction and heavily contoured land lots lend themselves to inherent problems with water runoff and drainage. As a Level 1-A Georgia Certified Erosion Control Company, Sarros Landscaping will address every project with the goal of improving water flow and repairing problem areas.
A: Definitely! About a day or two after receiving your proposal, our office will contact you to see if you have any questions. We put a lot of work into detailing all of the elements of your project and we depend on you to give us your honest feedback.
A: Great question! The answer is the DETAIL we put into your proposal, the TIME we take to understand your needs, the QUALITY we put into your project and most importantly, the SERVICE you receive throughout the whole process and after the project is complete. Our company is 100% committed to service each client with the highest level of professionalism. We go to great lengths to meet and exceed all of your expectations.
A: We provide the following services:
- Residential Design
- Retaining Walls
- Stone & Paver Patios
- Brick Pavers
- Ornamental Trees & Shrubs
- Annuals, Perennials, Biennials
- New Lawns (Sod)
- Yard Clean Up
- Outdoor Structures
- Weddings & Special Events
- Restoration Services
- Concrete Restoration
- Epoxy Coatings
- Stained Concret
- Stamped Concrete
- Stamped Overlays
- Tile Grout Restoratio
- Brick Restoration
- Outdoor Lighting
A: We can often design and coordinate your project in phases, addressing the most important or relevant items first, and then completing other, smaller projects, as the budget for them becomes available. We are looking to be your Landscaping Partner for many years, so we are in no rush to do it all at once. We will work with you to outline a plan, budget and timeframe that fits YOUR needs!
A: You would be amazed how many unique and special features can be incorporated into small spaces. Curves and different levels will make optimum use of the space by adding more depth and interest. Strategically placed hardscape and softscape features will make the best use of the space and create plenty of room for entertainment and outdoor activity.
A: Hardscapes refers to outdoor projects involving stone, brick, masonry, timber and paver materials. Softscapes refers to projects involving plants, shrubs, trees, flowers and sod.